Thursday, March 10, 2016

Let the blogging begin!



Hii! Welcome to my blog, I'm so excited to share this journey and this whole process with all of you. I have started thinking about what genre I want to represent with my film opening and I really liked the genre of drama with a sub genre of melodrama or a thriller. I was reading about melodrama and what really caught my attention was the use of music, according to this website, melodramas use a lot of music hence the word ‘’melo’’ that comes from melody, I also liked that ‘’melodramas are characterized by a plot to appeal to the heightened emotions of the audience’’ and my goal with this film opening is to reach to the audience deeply through pathos. Although I like these aspects of melodramas, I feel like I am more drawn to the Thriller characteristics. Thrillers, like melodramas heighten the feelings of the audiences in a different way, creating suspense, excitement, surprise and anxiety while melodramas are more of a ‘’tearjerker’’ for romance. My goal is  to keep the audience at the edge of their seats, always anxious and nervous for what is about to happen and that is why I believe Thrillers are a better genre to represent my ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniela! So far looking through your posts you have great information that can be used for your film. Particularly, I like how you posted pictures of your creative process thus far and what you plan on doing for your production. Additionally, the research that is being done is great. In fact, your going in depth which is exactly what you need in order to completely grasp and understand what is happening. Another thing I really like is the fact that without me knowing who you are, your personality is shining through the text being written.
    Unfortunately, some things which I see that can aid you in the making of your posts is the length of the actual posts. Being that most of your posts are supposed to be centered around research, by making it longer it will help you and your project. Moreover, it will help you understand it much more, to the extent which you can make your product similar or close to that. Another point is posting more, even though it might seem as if it might be useless posting information that is not factual like research. Posting other posts that include both information and your opinion on something will intrigue others to keep on reading and allow others to see your point of view on it.

    ReplyDelete