Thursday, March 10, 2016

I have been out of inspiration lately, it was tonight when a concrete idea finally came to my mind as I was laying down waiting for my brother to finish soccer practice. I think the setting really helped me think of ideas for my film since it was a windy and dark night. I was waiting for him under a tree in the last field of Regional Park, far from everything with very few people around me, and I felt at peace although in my head I was frustrated that I had no ideas for my film so I started imagining every possible plot. I closed my eyes and started thinking of what would I do if someone came up to me from behind and abducted me, I became paranoid and scanned my surroundings scared that it would actually happen, scared that it could happen to anyone. This led to the possibility of  abduction being the theme of my film, which falls perfectly into the category of a thriller. This idea will be able to touch the aspects of a thriller, like suspense and anxiety and also fulfill the melodramatic component associated with a thriller.

For more inspiration I looked over some movies like Room (2015) , Gone Girl (2014) and Taken movies, and they all have in common that the person being abducted is a young woman, and I would like to follow their steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment