Friday, March 11, 2016

I have always been a romantic comedy and tear jerker movie type of person, I’m that girl that is always daydreaming about the perfect guy and creating a whole love story in my head,  but this time I want to go out of my comfort zone and create something different. I am not as familiar with the thriller genre and that is why I have been researching a lot about on how to create a successful story. I found some websites that basically break down the process:

  1. Having a good story: Thrillers want to be thrilled, a common element in thrillers is that protagonist fall victims in someone else’s scheme.
  2. Write about the underdog: Make it from the point of view  of the victim, and give this character emotional complexity.
  3. Multiples POV: these can help to get an inside of the heads of many characters and build a more dramatic tension and irony
  4. Open with an action scene: Introduce the crime and characters
  5. Make characters miserable
  6. Main characters have to change: emotional change, growth and victory
  7. High pacing
  8. Show and don’t tell
  9. Teach a lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment