Thursday, April 7, 2016

Clear to land


The clock’s ticking and time is almost up. I can not believe how fast time went by during the creation of this project. I am happy to say that I have learned and grown a lot. At first I was frustrated, nervous and indecisive because having such a big and important task in front of me caused me a lot of stress. I had never been exposed to a long term project and that is the reason on why I did not feel prepared regarding time management, but with practice comes perfection right? Well maybe not perfection because no one is perfect but you know what I mean… As I’m in the final process of editing I realized that I should have done more during the first two weeks when I was stuck and stressed out, there is no doubt that the outcome would have been much better with more preparation, but still I’m very satisfied and proud of my first real creation!! YAYYY!!

 Yesterday was the last shooting day. I filmed the first opening shots that shows the eyes opening in a Point of View shot from Julio’s perspective. I must say this was fun and harder that I thought. I created this with my fingers, I placed both my index and middle finger from each hand and created a linked peace sign( will explain in a picture) and opened and closed them to simulate the eye movement.





The room where we filmed on is usually dark so there was no big issue with the lightning, the only thing that I had to do was close the blinds and then put a blanket on top to cover the areas where light was coming in, this was very helpful because I was able to manage the amount of light that I wanted and where I wanted it. I particularly liked how the planes looked, it kind of looks like if it were a shadow. To hang them from the ceiling I used some strings that I found on my night table and regular tape to tape it to the ceiling, I was afraid it wouldn’t stick because the planes were heavy but with a huge load amount of tape it worked!


No comments:

Post a Comment